Vietnam’s IP Office summarizes achievement in 2022 and deploys goals for 2023AAA IPRIGHT2
In the last month of 2022, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam held a conference to review the work of 2022 and deploy the tasks of 2023 in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.
Summary of work in 2022
According to the report of the Deputy Director of the NOIP at the Conference, in 2022, although the Covid-19 pandemic seriously affects the Vietnamese economy, the NOIP still strives to promote its activities in many fields. Detailed statistics show that in 2022, NOIP has:
- Received 78,480 applications for establishing industrial property rights (up 4% compared to 2021);
- Granted 43,970 industrial property protection certificates (up 12.6% compared to 2021);
- The number of applications related to protection certificates submitted to the Department increased by 18%;
- The results of processing applications after the issuance of the protection certificates increased by 10% compared to 2021.
In addition, 2022 is also a remarkable year for the entire system of Vietnam’s IP Law in particular when this country has developed and completed the draft Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the IP Law to submit to the XV National Assembly for approval on June 16, 2022, and to be announced by the State President on June 28, 2022, to officially take effect from January 1, 2023.
Other outstanding achievements of the Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property in 2022 include:
- Implement the National IP Strategy and the Intellectual Property Development Program to 2030 to help enhance the role and position of IP activities in ministries, branches, and localities;
- The Department continues to participate in the negotiation of IP content in FTAs;
- Maintain and promote international cooperation activities within the framework of WTO, ASEAN, APEC, WIPO and bilateral partners;
- Sign a Cooperation Agreement on the implementation of the National IP Strategy with WIPO;
- Participate in the implementation of WIPO-sponsored projects such as: Project of Building a Network of Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISC), Project of Building a tectonic environment for IP (IP-HUB), Project to support intermediary organizations providing IP services, Project of Online Network for Startups,…
- Completing the development and publication of the National Geographical Indication,…
Deploy the mission in 2023
Despite many positive results, the IP system in Vietnam in 2022 still faces many problems and inadequacies, and does not fully guarantee the rights of rights holders, especially in the administrative system of processing, appraising applications, and responding to the requests of representative agencies, etc. which is till comparatively low.
Thereby, NOIP announces goals and tasks to be achieved in 2023, including:
- Continue to complete and submit to the Minister of Science and Technology for consideration and approval of the Project on Strengthening the organizational structure and human resources of the Department and organize the implementation of the Plan after it is approved;
- Organize the formulation and submission to competent authorities for promulgation of Decrees and Circulars guiding the Law;
- Continue to support ministries, branches and localities to effectively implement the National IP Strategy and the Intellectual Property Development Program to 2030;
- Implementation of Patent, Trademark and Complaint Handling Plans;
- Develop and promulgate Regulations on receipt and processing of industrial property applications; promote administrative procedure reform and e-Government in the field of industrial property and promote public investment projects of the Department.
- Actively participate in negotiations and ensure the effective implementation of IP contents in international trade agreements;
- Promote international cooperation activities to take advantage of international resources to implement the IP Law, the National IP Strategy and improve the capacity of the IP System;
- Strengthening support for organizations and enterprises in the protection of IP rights abroad.
*** Other Articles***
– You could visit here to see the Trademark Registration in Vietnam.
– You can also check the Vietnam Trademark Law: Detailed Guide And Legal Notes.
Contact AAA IPRIGHT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: