Vietnam Temporarily Reduces Some IP Fees by 50%AAA IPRIGHT2
In response to the economic impacts of the COVID-19 epidemic, the Ministry of Finance of Vietnam recently issued Circular No. 45/2020 / TT-BTC dated May 26, 2020 reduction of the registration fee for the use of foreign codes and barcodes and certain industrial property fees (“Circular 45”) as specified in Circular No. 263/2016 / TT-BTC dated November 14, 2016.
According to Circular 45, the following fees as previously specified in Section A of the Schedule attached to Circular 263 will be temporarily subject to the 50% reduction for the period from May 26, 2020 to the date of December 31, 2020:
- Fees for filing an application for protection of Industrial Property rights (including split application and conversion application);
- Fees for requesting an extension of time to respond to the IP Office’s notifications;
- Fee for issuance of protection titles;
- Fee for issuance of Certificate of registration of IPR license agreements;
- Fees for maintenance, renewal, termination, and invalidation of IPR (for patent, utility solution, trademark, and industrial design);
- Fees for issuance of industrial property representation service, announcement and registration of industrial property representation
The fees covered by the above discount are generally insignificant, ranging from VND 50,000 – VND 200,000 (approximately USD 2 – USD 9 US dollars) when compared to the total costs charged for related IP procedures. IP costs are discounted because they are usually not much. The higher fees for other items such as examination are not subject to this temporary adjustment. Therefore, in most cases, the cost savings are minimal.
However, some of these fees are applied on a per-claim or per-class basis. Thus, the total costs and savings in some cases could be significant.
As the COVID-19 epidemic continues to spread in a serious and complex manner, the issuance of Circular 45 is considered practical and remarkable, clearly demonstrating the efforts of the Vietnamese government to support and share difficulties with individuals and businesses wishing to protect IP rights.
On December 29, 2020, the Minister of Finance issued Circular No. 112/2020 / TT-BTC on the collection of a number of fees and charges to support and remove difficulties for production and business, ensuring social security in response to the Covid-19 epidemic. In the field of industrial property (Section 13, Article 1), from January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021, the industrial property fee is equal to 50% of the fee rate specified in Section A of the Schedule of industrial property fees and charges, issued together with the Finance Minister’s Circular No. 263/2016 / TT-BTC dated November 14, 2016 that prescribes the collection rate, collection system, payment, management and use of industrial property fees.
From July 1, 2021 onwards, the industrial property fee rate will comply with the provisions of Circular No. 263/2016 / TT-BTC.
Trademark fee in Vietnam
– Stage 1: TRADEMARK SEARCH IN VIETNAM
|Scope of work: Trademark Search||Word Mark
|Device (logo) And Word Mark
|For the 1st class||60.00||65.00|
|For the 2nd class||50.00||60.00|
|Duration||5-7 days||5-7 days|
– Stage 2: TRADE FILING IN VIETNAM
|Scope of work: Filing Trademark Application||FEE
|For the 1st class||170.00|
|For the 2nd class||100.00|
* Note: In Vietnam, if one class has more than 6th items, additional fee for each item upwards is $US15.00.
– Stage 3: TRADEMARK REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE IN VIETNAM
|Scope of work: Obtaining trademark registration certificate||FEE
|For the 1st class||40.00|
|For the 2nd class||30.00|
* Note: Our Fee for Trademark in Vietnam includes all fees (official fee and legal fee); exclude fee for responding to office action, if any.
AAA IPRIGHT shall keep you updated the progress of your trademark application in Vietnam.
– You can also check the Fee of Trademark In Vietnam here.
– Regarding the required documents of trademark in Vietnam, you can see here.
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Vietnam Trademark Registration.
– Other questions of trademark in Vietnam here.
– You could also check the trademark fees in ASEAN countries here. All with affordable fees.
– You could also check the trademark fees in ASIA here. All with affordable fees.
Contact AAA IPRIGHT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: