The world’s most valuable brands in 2022AAA IPRIGHT2
Brand Finance, one of the world’s leading brand valuation companies, recently published the Global 500 report on the world’s most valuable brands in 2022. In which, the Top 10 most valuable brands in the world will be listed in the article below.
Given the elusive nature of brands, determining a brand’s financial value is a particularly difficult task. However, although invisible, brands play a very important role in promoting the profit value of the whole company.
Sticking to this target, Brand Finance has published its annual Global 500 report, its 2022 edition.
With a 35% increase since last year’s report, Apple remains at the top of the world’s most valuable brands rankings, with a total brand value of $335.1 billion. This is the highest brand value ever recorded in the history of all Global 500 reports, published annually since 2007.
As one of the largest technology companies in the world, Apple dominates the smartphone market, especially in the United States, where more than 50% of smartphones in operation today are iPhones.
After Apple, in second place is Amazon with a brand value of $350.3 billion. This is not surprising given that the tech giant is often on par with Apple in the rankings and even came in first place in previous versions of the report.
Another notable brand is TikTok. The Chinese social media company saw its brand value increase by 215% year-over-year, making it the fastest-growing brand on the entire list.
Between 2019 and 2021, the platform has seen its user base skyrocket, growing from 291.4 million to 655.9 million in just two years. If this growth continues, TikTok could reach nearly a billion users by 2025, according to predictions from Insider Intelligence.
However, recently the United States issued a ban on Tiktok application in a part of devices in this country in 2023 due to inadequate content control on Tiktok leading to at least 15 children’s deaths in the USA. Thereby, Tiktok is likely not to maintain its position like in 2022 because one of the leading markets with significant influence in the world has taken a grudge against this application.
More than a third (33%) of the brands on the Global 500 list are in the technology and services sector. Combined, this category has a brand value of $2.0 trillion. Media is the second most valuable sector. 19% of the top 100 brands are in the media and telecommunications sector, including Google, Facebook and WeChat.
The sudden increase in the value of media companies came from the Covid-19 pandemic. Due to people’s limited communication, isolation leads to a spike in the use of communication services in 2021-2022.
List of top 10 most valuable brands in 2022
(Company name – Brand value – Country – Sector)
- Apple – $355.1 – United States – Tech & Services
- Amazon – $350.3 – United States – Retail & Consumer Goods
- Google – $263.4 – United States – Media & Telecoms
- Microsoft – $184.2 – United States – Tech & Services
- Walmart – $111.9 – United States – Retail & Consumer Goods
- Samsung Group – $107.3 – South Korea – Tech & Services
- Facebook – $101.2 – United States – Media & Telecoms
- ICBC – $75.1 – China – Banking & Insurance
- Huawei – $71.2 – China – Tech & Services
- Verizon – $69.6 – United States – Media & Telecoms
– You could check Required documents of filing trademark in USA here.
– You could see What needs to be done after registering a trademark in US? here.
– You could visit here to see What is use in commerce of filing trademark in USA.
– You could also check here to see Procedure of Trademark in USA.
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: