What is the use of trademark in Myanmar?Paul - AAA IPRIGHT
Under the new Myanmar Trademark Law, a registered trademark in Myanmar could be invalidated based on non-use of the trademark. So, what is the use of trademark in Myanmar? The trademark use in Myanmar includes the following:
- Not changing the distinctive characteristics of the registered trademark in Myanmar but use that trademark in a different form
- Sticking of the trademark on the goods to be exported or sticking the trademark on the packages and they are used in the country.
- According to this new Myanmar trademark law the period of using the trademark, the nature of the trademark or the area where the trademark is used, if the trademark needs to be proved as an evidence, the liability to prove concerns only with the trademark owner.
- If the cause for cancellation is relevant only to some of the registered goods and services, then the registration of those relevant goods and services shall be cancelled only.
- After the cancellation of the registered trademark it shall be considered that the trademark has been cancelled legally
- After the Registrar has cancelled the trademark and recorded in the Register, the cancellation has to be informed to the trademark owner and made known to the public.
- The registration of trademark is denied by the Myanmar Trademark Registrar or if the trademark has been cancelled, because it implicates with section 10, sub-section c, no one shall use that trademark.
– You could see Fee of Trademark in Myanmar here
– You could see the full new Myanmar Trademark law here
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Myanmar Trademark Registration (present).
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Myanmar Trademark Registration (effective soon).
– You could visit here to check the required documents for filing trademark in Myanmar
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: