What Is Rights of Registered Trademark in Myanmar and rights limitation?Paul - AAA IPRIGHT
The new Myanmar trademark law is going to be enacted soon. Once the trademark is registered by Myanmar Trademark Office, what is the Rights of the registered Trademark in Myanmar? Also, what is limitation of trademark rights in Myanmar?
What is the rights of trademark owner of registering trademark in Myanmar successfully? Under the Myanmar trademark law, the owner shall have the following rights:
If the owner has successfully registered trademark in Myanmar, under the provisions in Chapter 10 of Myanmar Trademark Law, the owner shall enjoy the trademark rights in accord with this chapter during the registration term.
Also, in sections 36 and 37 of the Myanmar Trademark law, the owner of the trademark shall,
As a specific right:
If someone use the same trademark or the same goods or service in trading without the consent of the trademark owner and mislead the public, it can be protected by this law.
2. What is limitation of trademark rights in Myanmar?
The Myanmar trademark owner does not have the right to prohibit the items which are already in the market et with his trademark, sent to the market by himself or with his consent.
However, no matter how the goods have been distributed in the market in accord with section 37 of the new Myanmar Trademark Law, if those goods have been changed the form or damaged, the trademark owner has the right to prohibit from selling those items in accord with the existing laws.
– You could see Fee of Trademark in Myanmar here
– You could see the full new Myanmar Trademark law here
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Myanmar Trademark Registration (present).
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Myanmar Trademark Registration (effective soon).
– You could visit here to check the required documents for filing trademark in Myanmar
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: