IP Agreement of tripartite commitment among Cambodia, Japan and ERIAAAA IPRIGHT2
The Japan Patent Office (JPO), the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), and the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology, and Innovation in Cambodia have all signed an IP agreement, known as the IP Agreement of tripartite commitment among Cambodia, Japan and ERIA with the main purpose of promoting IP awareness and development in Cambodia.
IP Agreement of tripartite commitment among Cambodia, Japan and ERIA
The IP Agreement of tripartite commitment among Cambodia, Japan, and ERIA refers to a commitment made by these parties to cooperate in the area of intellectual property (IP). The agreement aims to promote the protection and enforcement of IP rights, and to enhance innovation and creativity in Cambodia.
ERIA stands for the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, which is a regional research organization that aims to support economic integration and development in the ASEAN and East Asia region. Japan is a member of ERIA, and has a strong interest in promoting IP protection and enforcement in the region.
The IP Agreement of tripartite commitment includes provisions for cooperation in the following areas:
- Capacity building: Japan and ERIA will provide technical assistance and capacity building support to Cambodia to strengthen its IP system.
- Enforcement: The parties will work together to enhance IP enforcement in Cambodia, including through the development of effective legal frameworks and enforcement mechanisms.
- Awareness raising: The parties will promote awareness of IP issues and the importance of IP protection among stakeholders in Cambodia, including government agencies, businesses, and the general public.
Overall, the IP Agreement of tripartite commitment is intended to support economic development in Cambodia by promoting innovation, creativity, and the protection of intellectual property rights.
The signing of the IP Agreement
The signing ceremony was held on March 30th, 2023 in the presence of Minister Cham Prasidh of Cambodia and Hidetoshi Nishimura, president of the ERIA. The accord was thanked for by the three parties.
The agreement between the ministry of Cambodia, JPO, and ERIA to provide technical assistance will cover IP research, joint workshops, lectures, and seminars, knowledge sharing, the encouragement of technology transfer, the dissemination of research, the facilitation of exchanges of visits, exchanges of information, and best practices of laws, policies, and regulations relating to IP rights.
Prasidh asked ministerial representatives to continue discussing the project’s implementation, organize additional events, and enhance cooperation between the three signatories.
In addition to working with the JPO, the ministry of Cambodia also collaborates with a number of other important IP offices around the world, including the IP Office Singapore (IPOS), the European Patent Office (EPO), the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO), and the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
– You could see the Trademark Registration in Cambodia here.
– You could also see the Procedure of Trademark in Cambodia here.
– You could visit here to see the Required documents of filing trademark in Cambodia here.
Contact AAA IPRIGHT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: