The 35th IP LAW Summit opens live in Vegas from September 26-28, 2021AAA IPRIGHT2
The 35th IP Law Summit will open live in Vegas from September 26-28, 2021, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. During the IP Law Summit, experts in various sections will address and discuss key strategies for managing IP. Participants, like leading IP executives and innovative suppliers and solution providers, etc., in the summit will have the opportunities to establish new relationships and forms new partnerships with a distinguished group of IP Counsels.
Furthermore, it has been announced by the 35th IP LAW Summit that Michael Bishop, general counsel at AT&T IP Corporation in Atlanta, will become the Summit’s chairperson and deliver a speech about how IP lawyers need to prepare for the future of the IP law sector.
Bishop formerly served as chief IP counsel for BellSouth and practiced law at King & Spalding in Atlanta. He received his Juris doctor in 1990 from the George Washington University Law School in Washington and is a graduate of the University of Florida, with a B.A., history, magna cum laude.
Additionally, Bishop has been extremely active in professional and community activities. He is a past president of the Atlanta IP Inn of Court, a member of the Board of Visitors of the Savannah College of Art & Design, serves on the Board of Trustees of the Hambidge Center for Creative Arts & Sciences, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential.
Key topics for 2021
The Summit’s content is aligned with key IP challenges and interests, relevant market developments, and practical and progressive ideas and strategies adopted by successful pioneers.
The key topics for 2021 are:
- Navigating Section 101: State of the law, changes, and successful practices when approaching subject matter eligibility.
- Monetizing patents efficiently: Management strategies to make the most out of your portfolio. Best practices in licensing and latest trends in contract structuring
- Overcoming budgetary restraints: New tools and fresh ideas to make your practice efficient and cost-effective
- Patent or trade secret… That is the question: Analyzing the best way to protect intellectual property in a changing and uncertain environment
- Artificial intelligence – a game-changer in IP: Whether using AI to optimize daily practice or having to protect new inventions, the pros, cons, and risks to consider around this disruptive technology
- The future of intellectual property: From adapting to the “new normal” to probable legislation changes, a deep discussion about what is next for in-house IP lawyers
The Summit will unite leading experts in various aspects in an exclusive networking environment. Through the Summit, participants will be provided with the opportunity to pre-schedule one-to-one business meetings with key leading and forward-thinking executives.
Speakers during the Summit will include executives from Wells Fargo, Seagate Technology, ABRO Industries, and Google.
Bishop – the Summit’s chairperson advises that like most industries in the economy during the Covid-19 crisis, the IP industry has also been heavily affected. Accordingly, IP lawyers should be preparing for what is next to fulfill the challenging task of protecting new inventions and encouraging innovation.
In the Summit, as one of its main subjects, a panel of experts will discuss cutting edge aspects to IP and what the future will bring for the IP law industry, investigating into:
- Technology landscape and IP landscape: what can we expect in the future?
- How technology will impact the patent space.
- How we will work and interact over the next four to five years and what this means for the way we do business and the way we focus on technology.
- Structuring IP portfolio for what is next.