The trademark registration may be recorded online on customs data, but it is not automatically mechanism. The request may be done online.
The registration of a trade mark may be revoked on the ground that within the period of 5 years following the date of completion of the registration procedure, it has not been put to genuine use in the course of trade in Singapore by the proprietor or with his consent, in relation to the goods or services for which it is resisted, and there are no proper reasons for non-use.
The cancellation of trademark registration in Singapore is available. A trademark may be cancelled where:
– The registered trademark conflict with the earlier trademark;
– The trademark consists the signs are distinguishable such as the sign indicates the kind, quality, quantity, intended purpose or value of goods/services or other characteristics of goods or services.
– The marks that breach the copyright of another parties.
– The mark that are similar or identical with the well-known trademark;
– The mark that are similar or identical with the armorial bearings, flags and other state emblems;
– The mark that are conflict with the protected industrial design or geographical indication.
– The mark is generic;
– The mark is against the public policy or morality of the social.
– The mark that are deceive the public.
There are no required documents for renewing the trademark in Singapore. The grace period in case of late renewal is 06 months from the expire date of the trademark.
After getting trademark registration, the owner of trademark has the right to defence the trademark against the infringement action, unfair competition, unlawfully use of the trademark or have the right to license or transfer the trademark registration to another party.
A trade mark shall be registered for a period of 10 years from the date of registration
Any person may, within two months from the date of publication of the application, give notice to the Registrar of opposition to the trademark registration.
It is required to Proof of use of trademark for protecting the registered trademark in Singapore or that the use of the trademark has been suspended for an uninterrupted period of 5 years, and there are no proper reasons for non-use.
It is not compulsory. However, it is very useful for applicant to determine the chance of success when filing a trademark application in Cambodia.
Singapore is the member of Paris convention for the protection of industrial property, Protocol Relating to the Madrid agreement concerning the International Registrations of Marks, Nice Agreement concerning the international classification of Goods and Services for the purposes of the registration of trademarks; Singapore Treaty on the law of trademarks
Singapore is applying the “first to use” system. It means that you have the right to stop any infringement action upon your trademark that has been used for a long time and mark the goodwill with customer.
The trademark registration will recognize the ownership of the applicant with the trademark.
– You could visit here to see Procedure of Singapore Patent Registration.
– You could visit here to check the required documents for filing PATENT IN Singapore
– You can also check the Fee of PATENT IN Singapore here.
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form: